Monday, August 10, 2009

Done, but not forgotten (June 20, 2008)

Well, the semester is over and another new class is in the books. I know that in my last post I promised to talk more about how lectures are developed, but that is going to have to wait. I got distracted working on my new course and waited too long to write the post.

Speaking of the new course, the new Interactive Web Development class went pretty well, but already I've decided on revisions for next semester. I received a great deal of valuable student feedback, and based on student recommendations will reorganize the class to spend more time on web development before getting into the use of JavaScript. The assumption that "all students know how to create a web page these days" turned out to be incorrect. We'll have to spend more time on html, css, and xml before we worry about the "interactive" part of the web pages.

So now you know how I've been spending my summer. More later....

No comments:

Post a Comment